return level?

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Feb 18 15:16:52 CET 2003

At 08:59 AM 2/18/03, Matej Cepl wrote:

>David Relson wrote:
> > Bogofilter 0.8.0.rc3 is seriously out of date.  I don't recall what
> > problems that version may have had with respect to return codes.
>
>According to README it is from November 6, 2002. It is not
>possible to support a version which is three months old? And I do
>not ask for anything terrible -- just returnlevel values... :-)
>
>Oh well.
>
>    Matej

Matej,

When bogofilter detects spam, its return code is 0.  For nonspam, it
returns 1.  In case of abnormal exit, it returns 2.  It does not uses
values like 256 and has never done that.  How are you running it?  How are
you getting the value of 256?

Three months old isn't long in people terms.  However 3 months is more than
half of bogofilter's lifetime.  In the 3 months since November, bogofilter
has been almost totally rewritten.  There is very little commonality
between the old code and the current code.  Because of that, our prime
interest is in problems with the current stable version.

I think you can understand.