my bogofilter story :)

Eric Persson eric at persson.tm
Mon Feb 17 16:53:06 CET 2003

I've been reading the list since I installed bogofilter about 10 days
ago and I'm amazed by the high technical level of the discussions,
unfortunateley I dont have much to contribute to this.

But I feel I must express my happiness with bogofilter so far. Compared
to SpamAssassin(which I never gt working fully) it was quite easy to
install and understand. Yeah, sure I got good help from David Relson and
a few others but when I figured out the users and other stuff I felt I
could do what I wanted.

I now have 3 special maildirfolders, _SPAM, _NONSPAM and _ASSUMEDSPAM,
the _ASSUMEDSPAM is the mail that bogofilter think is spam, and the
other two is for feeding spam/non-spam to bogofilter for training.  I
have a scripts that monitors this folders and take the appropriate
actions depending on the folder.

So far I havent had to much wrong classifications, some automated
mailings where considered spam but thats understandable.
I had an old folder with about 3000 spammessages which I used for the
training and a few other boxes as normal mail.

Well... I must say it works REALLY good. Running this on qmail with
Maildirboxes if its of interest. :)

Have a great week and keep up the good work everyone who is
participating to this nice project!

//Eric