cvs - fisher

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Mon Feb 17 15:49:00 CET 2003

David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:

> At 07:02 AM 2/17/03, Matthias Andree wrote:
>
>>David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:
>>
>> > After you next update from cvs and build bogofilter, run command
>> > "bogofilter -C -qv" to display bogofilter's configuration parameters.
>> > ("-qv" runs bogofilter's query_config function.)  As this is a debugging
>> > aid, most parameters are displayed (though not all).
>>
>>Here's some bash + X11 magic to display a comparison between default
>>(left) and current configuration (right hand side):
>>
>># X11 magic:
>>eval `resize`
>># bash magic:
>>diff -y -W$COLUMNS <(bogofilter -C -qv 2>&1) <(bogofilter -qv 2>&1)
>>
>>If you want to see just the differences, add --suppress-common-lines to
>>the diff line.
>>
>>Replace $COLUMNS by the width of your terminal (80) if you don't have
>>resize.
>
> The config_query() routine writes it output to dbgout, which is normally
> stderr.  (That's why the "2>&1" is used.)  As there's a debug option,
> "-D", that sets dbgout to stdout, you can use "-D" instead of the
> "2>&1", i.e.
>
> diff -y -W $columns <(bogofilter -CqvD) <(bogofilter -qvD)

$COLUMNS is all upper-case (that's what the XFree86 resize(1) tool
emits) -- other than that, options galore. Thanks. I wonder if it would
be much effort to trace configuration changes and print them, to get to
tricks such as postconf -d or postconf -n that print only the default or
only the non-default configuration, or postconf that dumps the whole
configuration (except user-defined classes).