Accuracy is lacking

Tracy R Reed treed at ultraviolet.org
Mon Feb 17 03:15:48 CET 2003

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 04:29:50PM -0500, David Relson spake thusly:
> Am I right to guess that you're using the default configuration for
> 0.10.1.5, i.e. the robinson algorithm?  It might be valuable to switch to
> Robinson-Fisher (via "-f" on the command line or "algorithm=fisher" in the
> config file).  RF tends to polarize the results with spam shifted towards

Yes, I am using the default config. I have added the -f so we'll see what
happens. If this is normal for the default config it seems that the
default config isn't too useful for blocking spam. :)

> Unfortunately, one can't tell much from the scores.  I often find it of
> value to manually run bogofilter when I'm curious about the results it has
> generated.  With "-r" and "-f" you can get a histogram by also using "-vv"
> or you can get the full list of words and their scores with "-vvv".  The
> histogram gives a visual display that I find informative.

I'll play with this and see if I can learn anything interesting.

--
Tracy Reed      http://www.ultraviolet.org