we do not delete spam but newsletter did not arrive

Greg Louis glouis at dynamicro.on.ca
Sun Feb 16 14:03:03 CET 2003

Got your message on the 14th warning that spam filters might trap the
monthly CRYPTO-GRAM newsletter that would be sent on the 15th.

Something fishy here.

Yes, I run spam filters, but they move messages deemed spam to
quarantine mbox files that I can review so as to catch mistakes.  When
yesterday's CRYPTO-GRAM didn't show up in my own mbox, I assumed it
would be in one or other spam quarantine, and I went looking.  Nope.

I can certify that our upstream providers do nothing to stem the flow
of v..... offers.  Nevertheless it would appear that the CRYPTO-GRAM
email encountered some form of censorship somewhere en route.

I read the issue from your website.  Being curious, I also saved it and
ran it through my spam filter.  It was rated "unsure," with a score of
0.498695 (where 0 is nonspam and 1 is spam).  Messages rated "unsure"
are delivered.

Thanks for your books and for CRYPTO-GRAM.  Not often does one
encounter a writer on technical subjects whose output is both reliably
educational to study and enjoyable to read.  You're one of the 31337
in that sense :)

--
| G r e g  L o u i s          | gpg public key:      |
|   http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   finger greg at bgl.nu |