man bogofilter.1

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Mon Feb 10 02:45:52 CET 2003

Piotr KUCHARSKI <chopin at sgh.waw.pl> writes:

> On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 12:56:10AM +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:
>> Plus, I wonder how we get the paths replaced in pdf files without
>> requiring the user to install ps2pdf...
>
> You won't. But reading manpage is more often than reading pdf.

Right. I killed the pdf stuff and the CVS version is now inserting the
proper path for ${sysconfdir} and ${bindir} into the manual pages.

I needed to do some HEAVY magic to convince BSD make NOT to build from
.xml but from the shipped .1in files for VPATH builds. BSD make
sucks. Even Solaris' /usr/ccs/bin/make gets this right.

1. This is shipped:

src/bogofilter.xml
src/bogofilter.1in

2. Assume things are built into obj/, srcdir and VPATH are then ../src

3. Makefile has suffix-transformation rules:

.xml.1in:
        xmlto stuff here

.xml.1in:
        xmlto stuff here

.1in.1 .htmlin.html:
        sed stuff here

4. make doesn't find the .1in file and tries to build it from xml. :-/

The solution is: we cheat and copy the .1in file into obj/ :-(