man bogofilter.1

Piotr KUCHARSKI chopin at sgh.waw.pl
Mon Feb 10 00:27:09 CET 2003

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 12:00:19AM +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:
> > "<filename>/etc/bogofilter.cf</filename>" et al could be
> > replaced by some $INSTALLPREFIX/etc/bogofilter.cf, so man
> > would point to existing .cf.example :)
> I tried that a long time ago and wasn't satisfied with the results and
> gave up. We'd have to feed the REFORMATTED stuff through some path
> replacer,

I thought feeding xmlto with already replaced file names/paths
was better, as it could reformat it more nicely (short paths
getting longer etc), when you already require xmlto to do it.

> and I haven't found a good way to teach xmlto to rename the
> files in a way I need.

Btw, requiring xmlto (and, I know learn it the hard way, newer
getopt, mktemp, libxml2 with xmllint (so far I got)) to install
simple manpage is slightly overkill. What we do with ircd, is
prepare man, txt and html versions before shipping, and then let
the sed change them.

(Hm, unless that's what you do and I'm working on my own
responsibility on the cvs developer version -- then forget
my coment)

> I presume some Makefile.am magic would do nonetheless.

Well, I had to change manuals (nomen omen) manually, because
users were asking about nonexistent /etc/bogofilter.cf :)

p.

--
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his
heart he dreams himself your master.   -- Commissioner Pravin Lal