Unregistering Mail

Bob Parnass, AJ9S parnass at megsinet.net
Fri Feb 7 00:50:08 CET 2003

[note: Bob originally sent this directly to me (matt) but clearly
meant it for the list so I am re-sending it]

On Thursday 06 February 2003 03:19 pm, Matt Armstrong wrote:

> Here is where I say that bogofilter is a young project and does not
> yet deserve to accumulate cruft for the sake of backward
> compatibility.  There is still time to go with the "right" solution.

I was about to make the same comment, but Matt made the
argument better than I could.

I favor a command line flag solution over
adding another flag to the configuration file.

BTW, thanks a million for working on Bogofilter.  It's a great
tool and I'm having lots of fun using it ahead of my
"homebrew" procmail recipies.

If bogofilter doesn't catch a spam message, my procmail filter usually traps
it and diverts it to a file which I then use to train bogofilter using the -S
flag.

I haven't seen anyone mention POPfile. Though I've not tried it,
POPfile's is a collection of Perl scripts which use a Bayes filter.
Its lexical analyzer  performs some of the tricks discussed here on the
bogofilter email list.  POPfile is a proxy and has a web interface to support
some functions.

POPfile's home page is:

  http://popfile.sourceforge.net

I like bogofilter's simple command line invocation.  I suppose POPfile's
web interface is appealing to its Windows users.