Config problem

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Thu Feb 6 13:22:12 CET 2003

At 12:05 AM 2/6/03, Mike Robinson wrote:
>David,
>
> > Is the berkeley db path in /etc/ld.so.conf?
>That's solved the problem. But I note as follows:
>1. I installed db4 from db-4.1.25.tar.gz, and there's nothing in the
>installation notes about putting the library path in /etc/ld.conf.
>
>2. ./config still won't work. It can't find db4 in /usr/local. It works
>when I use ./configure --with-db=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1.

./config ???  I presume you mean ./configure.

The --with-db=... is needed (at the very least) so that bogofilter knows
where to find BerekeleyDB's header files.  Alternatively, there are some
pathing variables that may pertain.  The gcc documentation mentions CPATH,
C_INCLUDE_PATH, and LIBRARY_PATH.

>Thanks for your help.

'Tis good to know that you've solved the build problem.  Enjoy your new
spam catcher!