Config problem

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Thu Feb 6 05:11:36 CET 2003

At 09:59 PM 2/5/03, Mike Robinson wrote:
>I'm trying to install bogofilter-0.10.2 on RedHat 7.1 with kernel 2.4.2-2.
>
>I've installed Berkeley DB (db-4.1.25.tar.gz) and the relevant patch.
>
>I'm using gcc version 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.1 2.96-81).
>
>I'm using the following config command: ./configure
>--with-db=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1
>I get the following response:

... [snip] ...

>checking for uint32_t... yes
>checking for u_int32_t... yes
>checking for unsigned short... yes
>checking size of unsigned short... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof
>(unsigned short), 77
>See `config.log' for more details.
>Can anyone please tell me how to solve this problem?

Hi Mike,

As part of the configure process, bogofilter needs to identify the variable
type that is an unsigned 32-bit integer.  Ideally, having found uint32_t
the configure script could exit, as it knows what it needs to know.  I
anticipate that Matthias, who is our configure expert, will be able to
answer your question within a few hours.

As a question, what is in config.log?  Can you post the 20 or 30 lines that
begin with "checking for unsigned short"?