Coming Events

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon Feb 3 16:39:39 CET 2003

Greetings,

The new stable release of bogofilter, designated bogofilter-0.10.2, is
being built as I write this message and will be released shortly.

About a month ago, I proposed moving the C source code from bogofilter's
main directory to the "src" directory.  I have that structure working in an
experimental tree.  After releasing bogofilter-0.10.2, I will be updating
cvs to reflect the new structure.  (Note:  for "make check" to work in
"src", I found it necessary to move directory "tests" to "src/tests".)

Bogofilter doesn't presently deal well with NUL characters, i.e. '\0', in
its input.  In some places bogofilter uses "char *" variables and str*()
functions.  In other places, it uses buffers with lengths and mem*()
functions.  bogofilter is being modified to use a new typedef, text_t, to
handle buffers and lengths.  This will affect the calling sequences and
internals of all the functions that deal with message input and parsed
tokens.  This work is well under way and will be released in the next day
or so.  Many files will be affected.

What does this all mean?  If you have custom or experimental code, snapshot
your directory before updating from cvs.  The directory restructure and the
code changes may well conflict with changes you have made.  The snapshot
will help prevent loss of code when you upgrade.