Deb package

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sat Feb 1 02:31:37 CET 2003

At 08:20 PM 1/31/03, Clint Adams wrote:

> > I count a round dozen architectures in your list.  Methinks some work was
> > done by you, too! It's exciting to see the team working together towards a
> > common goal and to see results being achieved.
>
>bogofilter |   0.10.1-2 |      unstable | mips
>bogofilter | 0.10.1.2-4 |      unstable | ia64
>bogofilter | 0.10.1.4-1 |      unstable | source, alpha, arm, hppa, i386,
>m68k, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc
>
>ia64 should be caught up shortly, and mips appears to be backlogged as usual.
>Looks like the goal has been achieved.

Wundebar!

If problem reports continue to appear at their current rate, 0.10.1.5 will
appear tomorrow and will become the official stable version a couple of
days later.

If memory serves, 0.10.1.4 has only had two problem reports that required a
code change.  The problem was with a message whose payload was of type
image/bmp and which caused an "Invalid buffer length" message.  The fix was
remove the code to nul terminate the buffer and to start ignoring
attachments of unknown types (rather than try to decode them).  The other
problem was incorrect order of include statements for gcc.2.7.2.3. The
other problems have been portability issues in the regression tests - shell
script incompatibilities and different library treatment of unusual
characters - specifically of 0xFC which is a "small letter u with diaeresis".

So 0.10.1.4 is in good shape and it is hoped that 0.10.1.5 will do as well.