New 0.15.13 rpms

Gyepi SAM gyepi at praxis-sw.com
Wed Dec 31 18:42:18 CET 2003

On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 12:08:24PM -0500, David Relson wrote:
> Would an rpm built with 3.3 work with 3.1?

No. The runtime linker (ld.so) looks for the specific version the program was
linked with. Also, there's a version check in the bogofilter code for just
such an attempt. Which is probably for the best. It seems that every new
version of BDB contains an API and/or database format change of some sort.

All these shenanigans with db versions makes me think that maybe we should
settle on a single database that meets our needs and bundle it with bogofilter.
It's more work initially, but it also simplifies a lot later for everybody.

-Gyepi