manipulating the databases

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon Dec 29 14:49:14 CET 2003

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 5:31:55 -0800
<printer at moveupdate.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Dec 2003, David Relson wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 12:01:11 -0800
> > <printer at moveupdate.com> wrote:
> >
> > >    1) How does one delete tokens from a database list (using
>
> > > the standard db's of goodlist and spamlist)
> > >
> > Hi Printer,
> >
> > 1 - use the maintenance functions in bogoutil
> >

> I don't see in the documentation how I can remove tokens that
> I know I
> want to get out of spamlist. For example, the word "account"
> has gotten
> into our spamlist. How can i get it out with bogoutil?

Hi Printer,

Bogoutil isn't oriented towards deleting single tokens, but it can be
done.  Use its dump/load capabilities and grep, for example:

   LIST="/path.../spamlist"
   bogoutil -d $LIST.db | grep -v -w ^account | bogoutil -l $LISTt.new
   mv $LIST.db  $LIST.old
   mv $LIST.new $LIST.db

This assumes you're still using separate wordlists :-(

Alternately, "bogoutil -w /path.../spamlist.db account" will give you
its spam count.  Assuming the value is 11, you can use "bogoutil -S" to
decrement the count, e.g.

   for i in `seq 1 11` ; do
     echo account | bogofilter -S -PH
   done