mbx support?

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Tue Dec 23 10:46:17 CET 2003

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003, Eric Wood wrote:

> WU-IMAP's "c-client" library may have all the code neccessary to handle mbx
> files.  In fact, if you use pop, WU-IMAP's pop3d will actually copy data out

UW-IMAP code is well-known for sloppy programming and an - at least
former - attitude of the maintainers "you're not root while running this
program, so we don't care" that has been the root cause for more than
one PINE security update. We cannot link UW-IMAP code into bogofilter
for security reasons.

> Well, to avoid all that trickery, I was hoping bogofilter just supported the
> mbx format since I seen "mbx" mentioned in the bogofilter FAQ.  But it
> didn't sound right as we now know.

Then we should fix the FAQ to read "mbox" and add a glossary of how WE
understand the formats - and we should document them.

I may be able to add mbx format to bogofilter provided it can be read in
one pass (we may just skip the index perhaps) and there is a technical
specification for the format.

> Would you like to give me a Christmas present? ;-)

Are you going to return one? :-)