manipulating the databases

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Dec 23 00:28:06 CET 2003

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 12:01:11 -0800
<printer at moveupdate.com> wrote:

> 2 questions here that I did not see in the FAQ or documentation
> sent with .15
>
>    1) How does one delete tokens from a database list (using
> the standard db's of goodlist and spamlist)
>
>    2) How does one setup (create) the ignorelist.db file (or
> is that no longer supported) ?
>
> thanks.

Hi Printer,

1 - use the maintenance functions in bogoutil

2 - The brief description of the ignore list is: "implemented, not
tested, likely not used".  It's been argued that an ignorelist is of
little use and will just hurt performance.

However, since you asked:  An ignorelist.db file can be created using
"bogoutil -l ignorelist.db < ignorelist.txt".  Look in
bogofilter.cf.example for how to declare one.

Likely it's a feature that belongs on the "deprecated" list.

If you experiment and find that it works, let me know :-)