bogotune [was Re: bogotrain]

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon Dec 22 14:47:19 CET 2003

Hi Dave,

You mention a variety of things in your message.  As my time is limited
right now, they'll have to wait a bit.

Here's a quote from bogofilter-faq.html that answers one of your
questions:

    To find out how many messages are in your wordlists query
    the special token .MSG_COUNT, i.e., run command "bogoutil -w
    $BOGOFILTER_DIR .MSG_COUNT" to see the counts for the spam and
    ham word lists.

There's lots of information in the bogofilter man page and faq.

Bogotune is new.  It's changing rapidly and improving.  The version in
0.15.11 is better than 0.15.10, though I don't recall if it addresses
your issues (but I will check).  Being new, its documentation is less
complete - 0.15.10 only had a man page while 0.15.11 has both a man page
and a faq.  There's always more that can be done in terms of
documentation.

As you read the documents, feel free to add comments and corrections and
send the updated versions back to me.  I'll revise them as seems
appropriate.

For now ...