Teching bogofilter by forwarding messages

Michal Wieja mwieja at poczta.onet.pl
Thu Dec 18 22:40:01 CET 2003

On Thursday 18 December 2003 19:57, Chris Wilkes wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 09:32:49PM +0100, Michal Wieja wrote:
> > I have global wordlist.db with write access for users and MTA daemon,
> > and file locking functionality compiled into bogofilter.
> >
> > All incoming messages are checked with bogofilter using procmailrc
> >
> > global rule:
> >       :0fw
> >       :
> >       | bogofilter -u -e -p
>
> Why not do this on an individual basis, with each user getting their own
> wordlist.db?  What's going to happen is that one user's ham is another's
> spam and you're going to have Dueling Bogofilters (cue banjo music)
> re-registering and un-registering the same sort of emails.
>
> If you're wondering how people can train their own filter, you can put
> some routing information into your procmailrc that looks for the
> sender's address and then updates that user's wordlist.db only.  You can
> do so by spitting the email out to a seperate program that grabs the
> From: address and matches that up to a list of your usernames.
>
> Chris

Chris,

        I haven't thought about that, thanks a lot for pointing at this
problem. In this case it's not an issue that users share the same wordlist.
It's an corporate e-mails, they don't get any private stuff there, all of
them been complain about the same spams. If I would apply this teaching
method for some kind of public service, that could be a mess.

        I'll prepare a script witch will do the teaching by sender in a spare
time, and post it here, that could be quite useful tool.

--
Mike