Teching bogofilter by forwarding messages

Michal Wieja mwieja at poczta.onet.pl
Thu Dec 18 22:39:10 CET 2003

On Thursday 18 December 2003 19:54, Eric Wood wrote:
> Michal Wieja wrote:
> > 1. Does it matter that most of the e-mail software will not forward full
>
> e-mail header.
>
> I'm a newbie at this and asked the same question.  Users should forward the
> email as an attachemtn that way all header information is preserved.  One
> fellow here wrote a script to rip on the mime attachment before passing it
> on to bogofilter to retrain on.  Ripping the mime attachment out and
> undoing the subject line change would be cool to put in your pipe:
>
> message-is-spam: "|rip_mime| sed 's/[{SPAM|IUNSURE}]//g'
>
> |/usr/bin/bogofilter -Ns"
>
> message-is-ham: "|rip_mime| sed 's/[{SPAM|IUNSURE}]//g'
>
> |/usr/bin/bogofilter -Sn"
>
> If that works I'd like to do that too!
> -eric wood

Eric,

	Yes, but remember that e-mail software also puts 'FW:', 'Fwd:" into the
subject line, to mark forwarded messages, some of them takes all subject into
brackets '[' ']'.

	Actually, as far as I understand bogofilter is statistical analysis tool, so
in theory FW, Fwd words should occur in both spams and hams, so weight of
these words shouldn't have much input into final score.

--
Mike