Teching bogofilter by forwarding messages

Michal Wieja mwieja at poczta.onet.pl
Thu Dec 18 21:32:49 CET 2003

Hi,

	I have one smtp/pop3 server with over 200 user on it. I'm using bogofilter to
mark e-mails subject line if they are considered spam. I use [SPAM] and
[UNSURE] tags.
	I have asked users to do following:

	if e-mail is spam, and it wasn't marked as [SPAM] please forward it to:
message-is-spam@ e-mail address

	if mail was marked as [SPAM] forward it to: message-is-ham@ address

	when mail have [UNSURE] tag decide what it is (ham or spam) and forward it
applicable address.

	In MTA aliases i've created two lines:

	message-is-spam: "|/usr/bin/bogofilter -Ns"
	message-is-ham: "|/usr/bin/bogofilter -Sn"

	I have global wordlist.db with write access for users and MTA daemon, and
file locking functionality compiled into bogofilter.

	All incoming messages are checked with bogofilter using procmailrc global
rule:

	:0fw
	| bogofilter -u -e -p

	According this setup I have three questions:

	1. Does it matter that most of the e-mail software will not forward full
e-mail header.

	2. Usually e-mail clients add some text that says that this e-mail is
forwarded, can that cause that bogofilter will act wrongly with other
forwarded messages that are coming to users.

	3. Are subject tags [SPAM] and [UNSURE] added to word list ? (bogofilter have
them in /etc/bogofilter.cf)

--
Michal Wieja