Teching bogofilter by forwarding messages

Chris Wilkes cwilkes-bf at ladro.com
Thu Dec 18 19:57:15 CET 2003

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 09:32:49PM +0100, Michal Wieja wrote:

> I have global wordlist.db with write access for users and MTA daemon,
> and file locking functionality compiled into bogofilter.
>
> All incoming messages are checked with bogofilter using procmailrc
> global rule:
>
>       :0fw
>       | bogofilter -u -e -p

Why not do this on an individual basis, with each user getting their own
wordlist.db?  What's going to happen is that one user's ham is another's
spam and you're going to have Dueling Bogofilters (cue banjo music)
re-registering and un-registering the same sort of emails.

If you're wondering how people can train their own filter, you can put
some routing information into your procmailrc that looks for the
sender's address and then updates that user's wordlist.db only.  You can
do so by spitting the email out to a seperate program that grabs the
From: address and matches that up to a list of your usernames.

Chris