DG/UX

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Thu Dec 18 18:05:21 CET 2003

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 11:27:19 -0500 (EST)
Dave Lovelace <dave at firstcomp.biz> wrote:

> I'm particularly concerned about the line that said:
>   UX:find: ERROR: No action specified
> (This system has standard old SYSV find, which is picky about syntax;
> GNU find is much more forgiving.  I'm guessing that a "-print" is
> missing, but I don't know where the find command is being issued.)
>
> Oh.  I found it:  in src/version.sh, there's a line which reads:
>
>     FILES=$(find $srcdir -name CVS -type d | while read a ; do find
>     "$a" -name Entries -type f ; done)
>
> Each of the two find commands needs a "-print" at the end for SYSV
> find.(GNU find just makes that the default.  Very reasonable
> extension.)

Dave,

Thanks for finding the problem.  I've fixed it in CVS.

In the future, if you could use "diff -u" (or simply "diff") to submit a
patch it would help ensure that the right change is made.  I think I've
got it right, but lessening the change for a mistake is always good.

Cheers!