DG/UX

Dave Lovelace dave at firstcomp.biz
Tue Dec 16 20:41:21 CET 2003

Let's try that again, WITH the attachment this time.

Matthias Andree wrote, in part:

> Could you be bothered to:
>
> 1. edit your ./configure from bogofilter-0.15.10, find the string
>    "-ggdb" (only one occurrence, line 3076) and remove it. Below is a
>    convenience patch that does the same.
>
> 2. using the known CFLAGS modification scheme, please try these four
>    commands in shown order until either one succeeds or the list is exhausted:
>
>    rm -f config.cache ; env CFLAGS="-O2 -g" ./configure && make
>
>    rm -f config.cache ; env CFLAGS="-O -g" ./configure && make
>
>    rm -f config.cache ; env CFLAGS="-O2" ./configure && make
>
>    rm -f config.cache ; env CFLAGS="-O" ./configure && make

OK, I did this.  None of them actually got through a complete make, but
the last two seem to have produced a (maybe-) working bogofilter executable
and then died trying to build bogogrep.  I'm appending a tarball.  The
screen listings correspond to the order given above.

I'll be doing a bit of testing with the bogofilter executable (and, probably,
the bogoupgrade script, I think).

Thanks.  Looks like we're a LOT closer now.
--
- Dave Lovelace
  dave at firstcomp.biz
  davel at cyberspace.org