bogoupgrade [Re: Bogofilter good/spam list -> wordlist.db]

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon Dec 15 14:12:22 CET 2003

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 23:57:44 +1100
Tig <tigger at onemoremonkey.com> wrote:

> Yes, I noticed bogoupgrade but (after reading the man page) I seem to
> be having problems. Also, on FreeBSD the html files are not installed
> (by default from the ports collection), just the man pages, which has
> some formating errors. I think a clear example in the man page may
> help people like me as well:]
>
> Here is a few things I tried:
...[snip]...

> Thanks heaps for your time btw. Its a great spam filter!

Hi Tig,

Sorry about that.  I should have suggested "bogupgrade -h" to display
the help message.  After sending my reply, I checked the man page and
found it to be woefully out of date.  All you need to do is run
"bogoupgrade -d your_directory".  It will find spamlist.db and
goodlist.db and will create wordlist.db.

Bogofilter will auto-detech whether you have a combined or separate
wordlists.  It checks for wordlist.db and, if found, uses it.  If
wordlist.db isn't found, it checks for spamlist.db and goodlist.db and
uses them.