-F option [was: man page problems]

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Dec 10 15:26:56 CET 2003

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 14:53:18 +0100
Boris 'pi' Piwinger <3.14 at logic.univie.ac.at> wrote:

> >code> > to see exactly where the flag is used.
> >
> > I erred in the above comment.  "-vv" always prints the histogram.
> > "-F" is an alternate method for printing the scoring statistics when
> > you don't want to use "-vv".
>
> Strange. In the example I found, -vv did not print it. Is
> this a bug then?
>
> pi

Actually, yes.  I noticed the problem this morning and fixed it.  Now,
"-vv" prints the histogram. "-vvv" prints a longer detailed list, and
"-R" prints the Rtable (which is the longer detailed list plus a couple
of columns).  The Rtable is something Greg can feed to his R
implementation of the Robinson-Fisher algorithm for testing.  When he's
in experimentation mode, he uses R to implement other algorithms or
variations of the one we (bogofilter) use.

Also, I've deleted the '-F' option since the "-vv" makes in superfluous.