Bogofilter won't learn anymore

Chris Wilkes cwilkes-bf at ladro.com
Tue Dec 9 10:32:23 CET 2003

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 10:06:42AM +0100, Alexander Borghgraef wrote:
> I have this very annoying problem. Until recently, bogofilter worked
> very well for me. But now there seems to be a problem: bogofilter -s
> doesn't do anything anymore. Whether it's a large body of spam, or a
> single mail, the program just hangs. I use version 0.15.7, goodlist.db
> is 15M large, spamlist.db is 5M.

Can you use two wordlists with 0.15.x?

Try doing a
	db4_verify ./yourwordlist.db  # might use db3_verify or db_verify
and see if that reports any errors.  You can clear those out by simply
dumping the database and re-creating it:
  bogoutil -d ./yourwordlist.db | bogoutil -l ./newwordlist.db

Also see if there's anything else reading / writing to the database
file.  You can do that with a "lsof | grep list.db"

Chris