Bogofilter and reclassifying

Stroller Linux.Luser at myrealbox.com
Fri Dec 5 19:44:48 CET 2003

On Dec 5, 2003, at 12:59 pm, David Relson wrote:

> I took a quick look at your script and it looks fine.  It's nicely
> readable and looks like it should work.  Good job.

Thanks! It's my first real Bash script.   8-]

I fooled with a the `find` command a little whilst implementing it, and
was interested to discover that the `find ... -print0 | xargs -0
bogofilter -B` method I used (or rathr, was advised to use!) was
*twenty times faster* than `-exec bogofilter -I

> I did find a couple of details that you might want to change.  First,
> "-W" isn't needed as that's bogofilter's default mode....
> Lastly, the "exit 0" statements are unnecessary as they're
> in places where nothing more happens in the script.  If they're
> deleted,
> the code will just fall through to the end of the script and exit
> normally.

This is sorta characteristic of my programming style - I'll often tend
to write things in my code which may be a little bit redundant, but
which may make it a little more human-readable. So, if nothing else,
the exit 0 (which I think is correct for a script which has executed
cleanly?) tells anyone wishing to modify it that that's where the
script is supposed to end. Calling something explicitly in its default
mode saves anyone