Bogofilter and postfix

Bill Wohler wohler at newt.com
Fri Dec 5 04:56:55 CET 2003

Matthias Andree <matthias.andree at gmx.de> writes:

> On Thu, 04 Dec 2003, Bill Wohler wrote:
>>
>> That solution would be independent of the MTA. Is anyone's hackmeter
>> going off?
>
> Sorta. What in case of trouble? The script will just continue when you
> actually want it to "exit 75" so Postfix can defer the mail and retry
> later.

I was asking whether the idea was sound in the first place. Since you
were only catching minor typos, I'm assuming that you think it's a sound
idea to point the aliases to such a script.

Thanks for the suggestions to make the script more robust.

David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:

> Your bogofilter command can be simplified.  "bogofilter -e -p >
> /tmp/bogowrapper$$" should be sufficient since you're using bogofilter's
> default paths config file and wordlist paths.

No. I have no idea what UID the script is running under when it is
executed by virtue of the aliases file, but it certainly isn't me.

>                                                Also the "-3" is not
> necessary.  If you have ham_cutoff set in your config file, bogofilter
> will use tri-state mode.

Thanks for the tip.

--
Bill Wohler <wohler at newt.com>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD