Bogofilter and Sendmail

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Wed Dec 3 01:47:47 CET 2003

Bill Farina <billf at venture-1.com> writes:

> I'm assuming that there are actually people out there that have
> Bogofilter up and running using Sendmail on a server, but I can't find
> any specific instructions out there on the web.

No specific information required, bogofilter hooks into the delivery
path, for instance, maildrop or procmail. Either one is supported by
sendmail.

A C language milter interface has been offered but is being audited and
not yet available, so...

> Is there a milter involved here? If anyone can tell me what's needed or
> point me to a decent website that explains the specific
> bogofilter/sendmail configuration process,it would be greatly
> appreciated.

...no milter involved yet.

> I believe that I have bogo trained and ready, I just need to know how to
> invoke it.

man bogofilter

> BTW, I'm using FreeBSD if it makes any difference.

Shouldn't make a difference except that you don't need to worry about
your software, just portupgrade or portinstall will do :-)