forwarding of spam problem?

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Mon Dec 1 15:29:03 CET 2003

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 09:01:29AM -0500, Eric Wood wrote:
> If another user gets spam, and forwards a copy of it to me (with
> indentions and '>' signs in the first column), will bogofilter pretty
> much do the same thing with a message that is forwarded as it would
> not forwarded?  I assume I should get my users to knock out the "-----
> Original Message ----- " that LookOut Express put at the top of the
> message so those words don't get tokened - but is the > signs okay to
> leave?

Why don't you get them to attach the message to their message and
forward it as a MIME attachment.  This way nothing should be lost.

I wrote a (trivial) script which is included with bogofilter to process
such message/rfc822 MIME parts so that you can process them with
bogofilter.  You might like to look at it.

It should be in contrib/mime.get.rfc822

Simon.

--
Just another wannabie |    "CATS. CATS ARE NICE." -    |  Just another fool