forwarding of spam problem?

Eric Wood eric at interplas.com
Mon Dec 1 15:01:29 CET 2003

I don't have a problem, just wanting to make sure it is okay to do this:

I have a NotSpam and Spam imap folder which I drag messages into in order to
train bogofilter of its mistakes (cron does this).  Since I administrate the
spam account, I can drag and drop the messages straight into that folder
without changing the message.

If another user gets spam, and forwards a copy of it to me (with indentions
and '>' signs in the first column), will bogofilter pretty much do the same
thing with a message that is forwarded as it would not forwarded?  I assume
I should get my users to knock out the "----- Original Message ----- " that
LookOut Express put at the top of the message so those words don't get
tokened - but is the > signs okay to leave?

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks,
-Eric Wood