bogoupgrade

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Mon Aug 25 01:52:19 CEST 2003

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:

> > Which was the last version you've seen break like this?
>
> The CVS version current on August 10.

Have you retrained with this version and see it break after the retrain?

I need to ask because I think there may be corruptions in the .db file
after locking failure that don't show up immediately, but only when the
db size grows on disk.

> > Well if FreeBSD 5.0 client-side locking fails, that's no surprise for
> > me, it's fresh code. Does it need special mount options perhaps?
>
> What do you mean by "fresh code"?

It's code that doesn't yet have a "stable" tag, and NFS locking was
introduced with 5.0.