upgrading from 0.9.1.2

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Aug 20 00:35:12 CEST 2003

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 09:44:50 -0500
Karl Schmidt <karl at xtronics.com> wrote:

> I'm running  0.9.1.2 and want to upgrade to the latest - what all do I need to
> look at when I make the upgrade?

Greetings Karl,

The minimum necessary is to install the new package.  After doing that, it would be a good idea to run bogoupgrade - to merge your spamlist.db and goodlist.db into a new wordlist.db.  That's all that is necessary.

Reading the RELEASE.NOTES.* files would give you some idea of the major changes that have occurred since the beginning of the year.

Optionally, if you have a substantial archive of spam and ham, you can run bogotune to determine optimal configuration parameters (spam cutoff, ham cutoff, min_dev, etc).  Running bogotune can take hours - depending on archive size and cpu speed.

Enjoy!