Bug in mbox parsing

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Thu Aug 14 14:49:53 CEST 2003

At 10:02 AM 8/13/03, Boris 'pi' Piwinger wrote:
>Hi!
>
>I found a bug in mbox parsing (using 0.14.4 with -T patch).
>The following is an mbox with two mails, but only one is
>registered:
>http://www.logic.univie.ac.at/~3.14/bogofilter-mbox-parsing-bug.zip
>
>pi

pi,

The problem has been found and fixed.  The last non-blank line of your
first message had a '<' which triggered the "skip everything to a matching
'>' pattern".  This caused the parsing to miss the mailbox message
separator and think the mbox only had one message.

The fix is to change that pattern to the way it was in 0.13.7.3

The attached tarball contains:

mbx.pi.0813.txt.1 - your original mailbox
mbx.pi.0813.txt.2 - the mbox trimmed to its essentials
patch.lexer_v3.0814.txt - patch for the lexer
lexer_v3.l - copy of the fixed lexer

Enjoy!

David