better Bayesian bogofilter

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Aug 13 01:39:53 CEST 2003

Greg,

_Any_ change that results in different scores being computed will "break"
many of the regression tests.  After all, their purpose is to raise a red
flag when bogofilter gets results different from those expected, i.e. when
bogofilter "regresses".

Changing the score of each token (as I suspect will happen) just means
updating all the output files (that have scores in them).  It's no big deal.

What I'm more interested in knowing is exactly _how_ you plan to keep track
of the ham/spam ratio.  One thought that crosses my mind is having a
".SCORE" token rather like .MSG_COUNT.  If I understand your article,
.SCORE needs to be updated for each ham and each spam scored.