Filters that Fight Back

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Mon Aug 11 15:16:29 CEST 2003

David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:

> Hi y'all,
>
> A new article by Paul Graham "Filters that Fight Back",
> http://www.paulgraham.com/ffb.html
>
> 'Tis good reading.

So should we drop the "minimum token size" limit to deal with " B R O K
E N   U P " tokens?

One other thing that we should try is tagging all header tokens (rather
than just subject) with a h: so we can distinguish header from body in
the data base. I'm wondering if we should also tag the body for
consistency, or just introduce an additional first character. (We
clearly need a .FORMAT token in the data base so we can tell
bogoutil/bogoupgrade what to do, we'd use 1 for all past formats, and
bump to 2 as we tag header/body.)