training is SLOW

Lane P. Lester llester at simpub.com
Sun Aug 10 23:26:56 CEST 2003

"Rodney D. Myers" <rdmyers at pe.net> wrote:
> With my current setup, nothing has mis-identified as spam, because I
> filter before bogofilter touches the email, so it only sees stuff that
> I have not set a filter for.

That's a good idea. I'm getting a bunch of false positives, and putting
bogofilter at the end, rather than at the beginning, will help. OTOH, a
couple of obvious porn messages got past bogofilter, unencrypted ones
that my plain text filters would have caught. I've removed those filters
to give bogofilter a test.

> It does miss the variations of the Nigerian Scam, which is no big
> deal. They are very obvious to see.

That surprise me. I would have thought that bogofilter would be able to
recognize those. OTOH, I really know nothing about the way it works. I
know I put some Nigerian examples in the spam training folder.

Lane
____
Lane P. Lester / Madison County, Georgia
**Running Linux more and Windows less**