O'Reilly article [was: training is SLOW]

Lane P. Lester llester at simpub.com
Sun Aug 10 23:22:44 CEST 2003

David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> wrote:
> "cat * | bogofilter -s -v" may work or it may not.  It depends on
> what's in the files being "cat"ed.  If the output is equivalent to
> mbox format, all is fine.

I'm using Sylpheed-Claws, the same as the guy who wrote the article.
Each message is in a separate file.

> Assuming individual messages, you want the message count output by
> bogofilter to match the number of files.  If there isn't a match, then
> "cat" shouldn't be used.

Hmm. I did over 100 messages for spam, and it reported only 3 messages.
OTOH, the article recommended the same thing, and his example also only
reported 3 messages.

Something is wrong. A couple of very obvious spam messages just showed
up in my inbox.

Lane
____
Lane P. Lester / Madison County, Georgia
**Running Linux more and Windows less**