After Compiling...

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sun Aug 10 00:00:34 CEST 2003

At 05:45 PM 8/9/03, Lane P. Lester wrote:
>After a lot of help from my friends, I finally got bogofilter compiled.
>But my first run of it generated an error:
>
>LC2:~/SylpheedMail/inbox/Spam# cat * | bogofilter -s -v
>Created directory /root/.bogofilter .
>bogofilter: relocation error: bogofilter: undefined symbol: db_version
>
>I didn't see a command line argument that could be used to tell
>bogofilter the db_version.

db_version is a function in the BerkeleyDB shared library - lbidb-4.1.so
(or whatever).  It's likely another detail in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH problem :-(

Run "ldd path/to/bogofilter" and see what you're getting.

Under the "anything is possible" umbrella, do you have multiple versions of
BerkeleyDB on your machine?