bogoupgrade

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Aug 6 03:14:37 CEST 2003

At 08:54 PM 8/5/03, Jef Poskanzer wrote:
>I upgraded to 0.14.3 and ran bogoupgrade -d.  The ASCII-format intermediate
>sort files grew to over a gigabyte before I ^Ced to avoid filling up
>my disk.  Is this normal?  My current .db files total 44 MB.
>
>If I have some sort of cycle in my database that causes botoutil
>to run forever, is there any way to fix it or should I just
>re-train from scratch?

Jeff,

Use db_verify to check your wordlists.  Likely one is damaged, as you suspect.

If this is so, the simplest thing to do is retrain.

The alternative is to manually do the same steps as bogoupgrade.  First
dump spamlist.db (via "bogoutil -d").  If you use "tee" to output to file
and see what's happening, you'll be able to ctl-c if/when the dump starts
looping.  Second, dump goodlist.db.  Then do the "awk | sort | bogoutil -l"
sequence from bogoupgrade.

The retrain is easier, assuming you have a suitable training collection.