invariant terse mode [was: exit codes in docs]

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Mon Aug 4 18:08:33 CEST 2003

On Mon, 04 Aug 2003, David Relson wrote:

> Also, bogotune uses flags "-tt" which set the terse_format to
> "%0.16f".  This allows it to distinguish spam scores near to 0 or 1, for
> example 0.0000000012345678 from 0.0000000087654321 (both of which print as
> 0.000000 using the default format).

Well, %g fixes that, but I don't care which is used.

> My suggestion is to use "-T" for invariant terse mode using "S/H/U" for the
> letter.  Here are some output examples:
>
> S 0.954321
> H 0.002468
> U 0.499999

Sounds fine. We must tell the user that if the first letter isn't
recognized (after a bogofilter update), he's got to defer mail delivery
and fix his script after reading through the new documentation, so we
can extend without taking our users at a suprise.