environmental issues

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Mon Aug 4 11:29:04 CEST 2003

David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:

> the problem.  One idea is to add to the FAQ.  Another idea is to create
> additional doc/programmer/README.xxx files, for example
> README.solaris-2.5, README.BerkeleyDB-4.0.14, and README.flex-2.5.31.

doc/programmer/README.* is fine.

> Flex 2.5.31
> 	However, it seems that pattern "<INITIAL>^[ \b\t]*\n" is
> 	evaluated at a different point in time, which results in
> 	bogofilter treating the first line of the message body as part of
> 	the message's header.

Is there any ambiguity in the flex patterns? If so, we should fix that.

> RH9 and BerkeleyDB 4.0.14
>
> 	When building from source, bogofilter uses the 4.1.x call to
> 	db->open().  When db->open() is called, it returns error 22
> 	(Invalid argument).  Installing the db4-4.1.25-0.rh73.3.1 rpm
> 	cures the problem.

Apparently, includes (-devel package) and library don't match. Can you
forward config.log and src/config.h from the "breaks" case to me?

> Solaris 2.5
>
> 	lines longer than 4096 chars get split (under uncertain
> 	circumstances) and only the end part gets processed

Where exactly does the split happen? stdio functions or external command
line tools?