exit codes in docs [was: Correction to integrating-with-postfix]

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sat Aug 2 16:45:58 CEST 2003

At 10:24 AM 8/2/03, Clint Adams wrote:
> > How about adding another switch to bogofilter that makes it return an
> > exit code that's equal to its spamicity value?  IE a 1.00 count would
> > return a 100, a non-spam of 0.04 would return a 4.
>
>It boggles my mind that people are using exit codes at all for what is
>clearly program output.

Clint,

I agree with you.  I don't see the point in converting the spamicity score
to an exit code.

The score is available in the X-Bogosity line.  A bit of scripting will
make all 6 significant digits available, rather than the 3 digits in a percent.

As has been shown, the code is easily patched to use the percent as the
exit code.  Users wanting that feature will have to it the hard way - patch
and build their own version.