procmail does not run bogofilter

Michael Gass mgass at unix.csbsju.edu
Sat Aug 2 03:09:44 CEST 2003

Cannot get bogofilter to run under procmail.
My setup is RedHat 9 with procmail as MDA.
Procmail seems to work fine on its own.
I can run bogofilter from the commmand line
on various test files and it seems to work.

The problem is getting procmail to run bogofilter
on my incoming mail. Below is what I am doing and
the results.  Any ideas?

If I have the following .procmailrc file

SHELL=/bin/sh
MAILDIR=${HOME}/Mail
PMDIR=${HOME}/Procmail
LOGFILE=${PMDIR}/pmlog
VERBOSE=on
# Insert a blank line in log files.
LOG="
"
:0:
* ? /usr/local/bin/bogofilter
${MAILDIR}/spam

then it does not work and I get something like the following
in my procmail log file for incoming mail

procmail: Executing "/usr/local/bin/bogofilter"
/usr/local/bin/bogofilter: /usr/local/bin/bogofilter: No such file or directory
procmail: Non-zero exitcode (127) from "/usr/local/bin/bogofilter"
procmail: No match on "bogofilter"
procmail: Locking "/var/spool/mail/mgass.lock"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=/var/spool/mail/mgass"
procmail: Opening "/var/spool/mail/mgass"
procmail: Acquiring kernel-lock
procmail: Unlocking "/var/spool/mail/mgass.lock"
procmail: Notified comsat: "mgass at 0:/var/spool/mail/mgass"