option proliferation

Greg Louis glouis at dynamicro.on.ca
Sat Aug 2 00:01:23 CEST 2003

On 20030801 (Fri) at 1251:12 -0400, David Relson wrote:

> >"solved" := exit codes 0, 1 and 2 retain the meanings they've had in
> >bogofilter 0.13.7.x and unsure becomes some other code (I don't care if
> >it's 3 or some other figure from 4 to 99).
>
> If people want them changed, I'm willing to swap error and unsure.  The
> particular values don't really matter, though I like having error as the
> biggest.

Procrustean stupidity is what motivates insistence that 2 for error
remain unchanged.  We should put the damn error code up to 255 and
promise it will stay there, thus making everybody equally (un)happy ;)

That said, if there's anybody out there who's (a) capable of adapting
bogofilter to his needs in the stripped-down form to which Matthias
aspires, and yet (b) incapable of dealing with a change in the return
code, his needs are greater than mine (I'll just continue patching the
source to "do it my way") and I don't give a carunculated turd what
numerical values the distribution version employs, as long as there
_is_ a separate return code for unsure (which probably breaks all those
poor scripts anyhow).

--
| G r e g  L o u i s          | gpg public key: finger     |
|   http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   glouis at consultronics.com |