How work bogofilter..???

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Apr 22 05:21:42 CEST 2003

At 10:15 PM 4/21/03, MARIO HENLEY BECERRIL GELDIS wrote:

>    Hi managers..
>
>    Look, I read A Plan For Spam, but I do not have left clear, bogofilter
>take 15 words  more significants??? how do it???, it analyzes entire email
>or not??
>
>    Tk's advance
>
>--
>Mario Henley Becerril Geldis
>.jA
>.nimdA smetsyS

Greetings Mario,

The original release of bogofilter used the algorithm described in A Plan
For Spam.  That algorithm, known as the Graham algorithm, analyzed all
words in the message and picked the 15 words most indicative of spam or
non-spam.  The message was scored on the basis of those 15 extrema.

A newer algorithm proposed by Gary Robinson looks at _all_ words of the
message and computes a score based on them.  Parameters can be set to tell
bogofilter to ignore uninteresting words.  See the bogofilter-FAQ (URL at
the end of this message) for links to the article.