Honeytraps and garbage removal

Peter Bishop pgb at adelard.com
Wed Apr 16 09:19:36 CEST 2003

On 16 Apr 2003 at 6:04, Andy Smith wrote:

> If such a thing is generally useful to other people, maybe we could
> help out.  We currently process around 90,000 spam emails a day in
> the course of other research.  Would a bogofilter worldlist built
> from (some portion of[1]) that be any use to other people?

I think it could be a valuable resource. Pure generic spam that goes to a
honeytrap could provide a core set of words for a spamlist database.

Need to sort out the mechanics of sharing the wordlist though
Probably needs to be in exported bogoutil format on some known server.

And we might want to merge it with existing client  wordlists to construct
a local spamlist database.

Plus we would need periodic update of the client databases
(cron job? another bogoutility? )

Or could bogofilter use a remote mounted spamlist database?

--
Peter Bishop
pgb at adelard.com
pgb at csr.city.ac.uk