Wierd bogofilter/procmail thing happening

michael at optusnet.com.au michael at optusnet.com.au
Tue Apr 15 07:49:05 CEST 2003

Chris Huey <cah at metro1.com> writes:
> Greetings.  I'm new to the list (and new to bogofilter as well).  But I'm not
> new to a daily deluge of spam.  SpamAssassin gets rid of most of this but it's
> still not good enough for me.  I'm like that <G>
>
> Anyway. the wierd thing is this.  If I run the SpamAssassin sample-spam.txt file
> through bogofilter, I get:
>

>   $ /local/bin/bogofilter -p -e < sample-spam.txt | grep X-Bogo
>
> But, if I mail that same file to myself using procmail, I get:
>
>   mailx -s"Test" cah at metro1.com < sample-spam.txt

This is what you'd expect, surely.

Mailing it to yourself is going to add a heap of new tokens
in the headers which is of course going to affect the spamicity.

(among other things, you're adding "Test" into the headers.
Something my bogofilter db says is a very good indicator
of non-spam! :)

Michael.