Wierd bogofilter/procmail thing happening

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Apr 15 04:08:40 CEST 2003

Chris,

I'd suspect environment variables, specifically different settings for $HOME.

By default, bogofilter uses $HOME/.bogofilter as the directory for storing
its wordlists (spamlist.db and goodlist.db).  Different values of $HOME
(between interactive and procmail use) will cause bogofilter to use
different wordlists to score the message, which will result in different
spamicity scores.

Try "locate spamlist.db" or "find / -name spamlist.db" to see if you have
more than one defined.

The solution I use is to define environment variable BOGOFILTER_DIR so that
bogofilter knows where I intend/expect the directory to be.  Bogofilter
gives preference to the value of $BOGOFILTER_DIR (as compared to
$HOME/.bogofilter).

Hope this help.