filter mode and hints.

Eric Limpens eric at limpens.net
Wed Apr 9 00:09:55 CEST 2003

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 11:42:09AM -0500, Shawn Barnhart wrote:

> [...]

I attempted to send 1000 messages from a nearby fallback mx host
to this setup, and this went very well, although I don't think it
got to maximum-speed.

Testing it locally, generating 1000 messages on the server where the
bogofilter-milter was running, things went wrong. Several copies
of bogofilter were running, and sendmail wasn't able to communicate
with the milter a lot of times :(

> Where I work the users scream about SPAM, but with Exchange as the final MTA
> there's little that can be done about it, especially with management's
> current financial generosity.  All the good tools are for local delivery, or
> if they have some kind of passthrough MTA support it's not at all reliable.

I think 'tagging' spam messages in one place, and forwarding messages
to the next mta (we've got qmail, CommuniGate and Exchange running) is
a nice solution. Now we've got to have a fast and stable spam-filter,
my best guess was to use the milter-api and sendmail.

Eric